The City of Panama City web site is offered to you, the user ("User"), conditioned on acceptance of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein, without modification. User access and use of this site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not wish to consent to the terms, conditions and notice contained herein exit this system now.
The website is a Panama City of Panama City system, provided as a public service. Government personnel and the general public may use this system to review and retrieve publicly available government information. User agrees to use this web site as permitted by applicable local, state, and federal laws. User agrees, therefore, not to:
- knowingly and without authorization, alter, damage, or destroy the City of Panama City’s or another user's computer system, network, software, program, documentation or data contained therein;
- use this service to conduct or attempt to conduct any business or activity or solicit the performance of any activity that is prohibited by law. In addition, taking action which results in blocking access to this website by other users will be deemed an unauthorized use.
Anyone using this system expressly consents to administrative monitoring at all times. You (User) are further advised that system administrators may provide evidence of possible criminal activity identified during such monitoring to appropriate law enforcement officials. If you (User) do not wish to consent to monitoring exit this system now.
You do not have to give us personal information to visit our Web Site, download our publications, use our e-mail communications, or any other feature. We collect no personal information about you when you visit www.pcgov.org, www.panamacity-fl.gov , www.cityofpanamacity.com or linked data controlled by servers controlled by the City of Panama City unless you choose to provide this information to us. We will use the information that you voluntarily provide to us to notify you of selected content changes or new publications. We may also use it to conduct statistical analyses of user activities in order to measure user interest in the information we provide and how we provide it. However, we do collect and store some non-personal information automatically.
What We Collect and Store Automatically
- Name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, xcompany.com, if you use a private Internet access account, or yourschool.edu if you connect from an educational institution's domain).
- The page from which you came and the pages that you access.
- Date and time you access our Site.
- Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our Site.
- Your system's IP (Internet Protocol) address.
- The type of browser and operating system you used to access our Site.
We use the information we collect in aggregate to count the number of and types of visitors to the different pages on our Site and to help us make our Site more useful to visitors like you.
When you use your credit card, debit card, or on-line checks to do business on the Official Site of Panama City, Florida, we protect the integrity and privacy of your account information with advanced technologies. However, even with advanced technologies, it is not always possible to prevent unauthorized access or unauthorized disclosure. The City makes no representation and assumes no responsibility or liability concerning the accuracy of the information or for any loss which might result to the user by the use of this Web Site. Please be aware that in the event unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, third party intervention, or any loss occurs due to error, omission, or inaccurate information being displayed on this Web Site, the City of Panama City reserves the right to recover any unpaid fees and taxes.
The information posted on panamacity-fl.gov website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations.
pcgov.org provides these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience.
When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the panamacity-fl.gov site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- The City of Panama City does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- The City of Panama City does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- The City of Panama City cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- The City of Panama City is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- The City of Panama City does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
E-mail addresses are public records under Florida Law and are not exempt from public-records requirements. If you do not want your e-mail address to be subject to being released pursuant to a public-records request do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by telephone or in writing, via the United States Postal Service.
Communications made through email and messaging system links contained on this site shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City of Panama City or any of its agencies, officers, employees, or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the City or any of its agencies, officers, employees, or representatives, where notice is required by any federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
In preparation of these pages, every effort has been made to offer the most current, correct, and clearly expressed information possible. Nevertheless, inadvertent errors in information may occur. The City of Panama City makes no representation regarding the completeness, accuracy, or timeliness of such information and data or that such information and data will be error-free. In the event that the information on the City's official printed documents differ from the information contained on this Web Site, the information on the City's official printed documents will control and take precedence. The information, data and materials are dynamic and may change over time without notice. However, the City makes no commitment to update the information, data or materials contained herein. Please be aware that in the event an error or omission occurs, the City of Panama City will use all of its resources to recover fees and taxes due to it. Users should take the appropriate precautions to verify all information by reviewing the official version of all documents upon which they plan to rely.
In particular but without limiting anything herein, the City of Panama City disclaims any responsibility for typographical errors and accuracy of the information that may be contained on Panama City’s web pages. The services, information, and data made available at the Panama City web site are provided "as is" without warranties of any kind. The City of Panama City makes no representations or warranties whatsoever regarding the quality, content, completeness, adequacy, sequence, accuracy, timeliness of information and data, condition or functionality, its suitability for use, or that this web service will be uninterrupted or error-free. The information and data included on the City of Panama City servers have been compiled by Panama City staff from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice to the User. The entire risk as to the results and performance of any information obtained from the City’s web site is entirely assumed by the user recipient. Any person who uses any information available from the City web site AGREES THAT THERE ARE NO REMEDIES FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONTRACT INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
As a condition of use of the City of Panama City web site, the User agrees to indemnify Panama City, its Mayor, Commissioners, officers, employees and agents against any and all liability, expenses (including attorney's fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from User's use of this web site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by User of these terms and conditions.
User acknowledges that no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between the User and the City of Panama City as a result of this Agreement or use of this web site. User agrees not to hold himself or herself out as a representative, agent, or employee of the City of Panama City and Panama City shall not be liable for any representation, act or omission of the User.
To the extent that this web site contains or may in the future contain bulletin boards, discussion webs, chat rooms, or other message, interactive or communication facilities involving the City of Panama City and other users ("Forums"), the User agrees to use such forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, the User agrees that when using a Forum, the User shall not violate the law by:
- Defaming, abusing, harassing, stalking, threatening or otherwise violating the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publishing, posting, distributing, or disseminating any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Uploading or downloading files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all necessary consents.
- Deleting any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsifying the origin or source of any material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Knowingly introducing viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage, alter or destroy this website or the operation of another's computer system, network, software, program, documentation or data contained therein.
- Knowingly accessing or attempting to access or use Panama City’s computer system, computer network, or any part thereof, including this web site, for the purpose of devising or executing any scheme or artifice to defraud; obtaining money property or services by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations or promises; or committing theft, including but not limited to theft of proprietary information.
User agrees to (as available) send and receive electronic mail, engage in conferences and chats, download and upload files, and otherwise use this web site only as permitted by these terms and conditions, any additional policies or procedures published in this web site from time to time by the City of Panama City, and applicable law.
The City of Panama City reserves the right to remove any contents of this website received from users for violations of the City of Panama City use policies and other applicable regulations and law, including violations of others' constitutional rights. The City of Panama City reserves the right to edit any notices or postings for length if and when such length interferes with other users' access to and use of this forum.
The User acknowledges that chats, conferences, bulletin boards, discussion webs and any other such interactive or communications' forums hosted by this web site are public and not private communications. Further, the User acknowledges that chats, posting conferences, discussion webs and other communications by other Users are not endorsed by the City of Panama City, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by the City.
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Florida, USA. User consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Bay County, Florida, USA, in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this web site. Use of this web site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph.
The City of Panama City’s performance of this Agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process and nothing contained in this Agreement is in derogation of Panama City’s right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to the User's use of this web site or information provided to or gathered by the City of Panama City with respect to such use.
If any part of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitation set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in effect.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the User and the City of Panama City with respect to this web site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the User and the City of Panama City with respect to this web site. This Agreement shall be deemed to include all other notices, policies, disclaimers and other terms contained in this web site; provided, however, that in the event of a conflict between such other terms and the terms of this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement shall control. A printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.