The Mayor and Commissioners approved the below changes to Utility Billing at their meeting on November 13th.
- Service Fees, which includes late fees, are waived until January 1, 2019.
- The due dates for utility usage prior to the storm have been extended until December 3, 2018.
- No charges for four weeks of utility services that include the storm. Effectively, one month free service.
- No base charges for customers who have no usage for November and December 2018 so residents who are unable to use their water and sewer will not have any charges for water and sewer.
- Currently, the City collects garbage from the standard (blue) garbage cans once a week. The garbage rate will be reduced by $7 per month to reflect this change.
Some Panama City utility customers will be receiving a bill for water, sewer and garbage usage from before Hurricane Michael. Please note that regardless of the date on the bill the due date for payment has been extended to December 1st. Other customers received their bill prior to the storm and also have until December 1st to make the payment.
Regular billing will resume in November. Customers will not be billed for four weeks of water, sewer and garbage, including the two-week time period in which the city was working to restore water following the storm. Additionally, customers who are unable to use the water and sewer in November and December will not be charged the base fees for water and sewer.
Please be patient as we work out the details and work to get back on schedule. If you have a question about your bill, please don't hesitate to ask.
The Utility Billing Department is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the A.D. Harris Learning Village (819 E. 11th Street). Staff can also be reached by calling (850) 872-3166.