The debris drop-off site at the Oak Grove Ball Field, which is located on W. 17th Street just east of Frankford Avenue will close on July 1, 2020. The site will be cleared and cleaned to meet environmental standards and resodded.
Our Solid Waste team is also resuming the weekly yard trash collection schedule used prior to Hurricane Michael, but we need your help.
Please keep in mind:
- Limbs, brush, shrubbery, and other yard waste should be shorter than four (4) feet and less than four (4) inches in diameter.
- Leaves and yard clippings should be bagged so that they do not blow away or clog storm drains.
- Please separate appliances and furniture from your yard waste.
- Mattresses, couches, cushions, and carpet should be together in a separate pile and not mixed with yard waste.
- Panes of glass should be placed in a sealed box and labeled.
As a reminder, The maximum volume of trash to be collected per week is four (4) feet by six (6) feet by six (6) feet. Large volumes of trash and/or construction debris placed in the right-of-way will incur additional fees. The City doesn’t collect trash from or generated by private contractors, including landscapers, tree surgeons and general contractors.
If you have any questions, please call the Solid Waste Team at (850) 872-3172.