Why did EPCI place a colored sticker on my home or business?

EP Consultants, Inc. (EPCI) is conducting life safety assessments at homes and businesses located within the city limits of the City of Panama City.

Inspectors are looking at the outside of buildings for structural issues that could pose safety concerns. Each building will receive a green, yellow or red sticker.

If your home or business receives a yellow or red sticker and you haven't done so already, you're encouraged to seek a professional opinion on damage and needed repairs. A green sticker indicates the building is safe for occupants.

The assessments are conducted for information ONLY. A red sticker does not mean the building has been condemned.

Residents and business owners with home or business damage may make temporary repairs to secure the structure. Permanent repairs are not permissible until the work can be properly permitted. EPCI can be reached by calling (850) 774-5093 or visiting the temporary office at 205 W. 7th Street.

If you had damage to your home or business, it's important that the work is done properly and that the person you hire is properly licensed. Contractors can easily be checked out by visiting www.myfloridalicense.com or calling (850) 487-1395.

Through the assessments, inspectors are also compiling information that will be provided to FEMA and used in conjunction with recovery efforts.

Show All Answers

1. When will my debris be picked up?
2. When will my garbage be picked up?
3. What if my blue garbage can is missing or damaged?
4. How do I get a permit to make repairs to my home?
5. Can I put a mobile home or temporary structure on my property?
6. Why did EPCI place a colored sticker on my home or business?
7. What if the electrical equipment on my home is damaged?
8. How can I find a licensed contractor?
9. Where can I seek medical services?
10. Is there a curfew in effect for Panama City?
11. How do I contact FEMA for assistance?
12. How do I register for the federal D-SNAP Food Assistance Program?
13. Where can I find information for Bay County and other municipalities?